TRAVELLING IS A SPIRIT WAITING TO BE TOUCHED AND LOVED. It is a verb which means moving from one place to another, as by car, train, plane or ship; take a journey; trip. It means getting away from the people, the environment, and the place you live in. The more you travel, the more you get to know others. You understand their religions, their cultures, their surroundings and everything around them.
Travelling in itself is the most adventurous activity that one can perform. Travelling makes you forget all the tensions, struggles, your daily routine and make you jump into a totally different world for some given period of time. It opens up your mind and lets you see how the world functions.
Some people travel to see sights, discover new cultures. Others to dwell in leisure, to get away from their hectic lives, if only for a time, and find repose, rejuvenation, restoration. Others travel to seek, search and quest. Some who travel remain the same, unchanged. Others are even more transformed, their lives inexorably different.
Travelling has many pros and cons. Following are the benefits of travelling:
- To enjoy new experiences: While there are all sorts of experiences surrounding us each day, there are many things that you can do only do when travelling; walking on a glacier, zip lining through the jungle, scuba diving, paragliding etc.
- To experience new cultures: Travelling is always meaningful as it makes you look into the different lifestyles of people. You become so used to our own way of life that seeing other cultures is truly an eye-opener.
- To relax, recharge, and renew: Everybody works hard. People enjoy getting out and experiencing local cultures. Travelling makes you relax and recharge your batteries. Sitting on the beach with your eyes shut and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach helps you renew your mind and keeps you fresh and sharp!
- See the real deal: To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. Until you visit a place and form your own opinion, your understanding only comes from what you were taught in school, read in books, or saw on media which may or may not be a complete truth. So travelling helps you the view the actual scene.
- Come home renewed: After stepping away from the home for a while, you’ll return with renewed energy, a new set of mental filters, and ready to take on the next big project or challenge. Call it a life reboot.
Now, the disadvantages of travelling:
- Your friends and family will miss you, and you’ll miss them. Until you return and realize that absolutely nothing has changed.
- Non-travelers have no idea what you’ve experienced, so don’t expect too much empathy when it comes to feeling wanderlust.
- The longer you travel, the lesser things seem impressive.
- If you travel for long periods you will have big gaps in your resume. It is hard to explain and makes you less competitive in the market.
- If you take a leave from your job, your boss will think you’re unreliable.
- You could miss important things at work while you travel.
- Travelling costs money and is only a temporary sensation.
- There are many overheads involved in travelling, such as insurance and flights and hotels.
- The opportunity cost of travelling is enormous.
Some of the tourist places in India are:
Delhi is the capital city of India. It has many spots to visit. Its beauty is the historical monuments. It has a large tourist population. Some of the tourist spots are Jantar Mantar, Rajghat, Tajmahal in Agra, Qutub Minar, Mumtaz Mahal, Urgreasen ki baoli, Redford, Purana Kila, India gate etc.
Rajasthan is a popular destination among tourists interested in royal heritage, culture, history, forts and palaces, temples, wildlife sanctuaries and colourful bazaars. Some of the tourist spots in Rajasthan are Jaisalmer Fort, Amber Palace, Chittorgarh Fort, Mehrangarh Fort, Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, Lohagarh Fort, Moti Margi etc.
Kerala, a state on India’s tropical Malabar Coast, has nearly 600km of Arabian Sea shoreline. It’s known for its palm-lined beaches and backwaters, a network of canals. Inland are the Western Ghats, mountains whose slopes support tea, coffee and spice plantations as well as wildlife. So of the tourist spots are Kochi, Munnar, Alappuzha, Kovalam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kumarakom, Thrissur ,Varkala etc.
Goa is a state in western India with coastlines stretching along the Arabian Sea. It is also known for its beaches, ranging from popular stretches at Baga and Palolem to those in laid-back fishing villages such as Agonda. Some of the tourist spots in Goa are Chapora Fort, Aguada Fort, Reis Magos Fort, Dudhsagar Falls, Velsao Beach, Morjim Beach, Anjuma Beach, Shanta Durga Temple etc.
Thus, travelling is good ways of letting people know about you and vice-versa. Despite the disadvantages of travelling, people travel a lot and spend their money lavishly as it provides them with a lot of memories and they also get to tell their grandchildren, the stories about the places they’ve travelled.
You may also refer to these links given below to know more about travelling: